Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolution

OK, here’s the deal. For 2010, two pictures a day. That’s it. No bitching & moaning. No opinions, no theory, no criticism (not really my strong suit anyway).

Since I got a nifty little scanner from an Office Depot that was going out of business, I have started to explore an entire personal history I didn’t realize I had in the mountain of sketchbooks that litter my studio. It’s like reading old diaries; each page suggests a direction I never took and it’s exhilarating to feel all the possibilites. A bit of navel-gazing, yes, but I think I’m old enough to do this now and it is very revealing how much I missed as I whizzed through my 20s, 30s, 40s and now nearly my 50s. So, in addition to the "real work" which is mostly oil on canvas & watercolor, I've got a slew of sketches, scribbles, collages, drawings and miscellany which has heretofore never seen the light of day.

My New Year’s resolution is to pare down the writing and just show the pix. I’m also dragging my studio partner of 30-plus years into this (he’s even older than me and is a stubborn cuss about not promoting his work). So I plan to show one of his & one of mine side-by-side. Every day? well, we’ll see.

Here goes:

click pix to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment