Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Figure Study

Probably from around the mid-90s through 1997-ish. Most of my diaries are not dated and because of the water media, I often keep several going concurrently as they sit around waiting to dry before I can turn the page. So, there might be work several years apart on successive pages. Even a dated page is no real clue, as I may have abandoned that book for a long time and picked up another. I also work from both ends of the book. Themes and methods recur. I use these sketchbooks to stay as loose and non-judgmental as I can. My "serious" work is usually filled with meticulous, complicated detail. Some would say "overwrought", but actually, the medium is the message and whatever the ostensible subject, they are usually about the complicated encumbrances of life.

click to enlarge




No comments:

Post a Comment