Friday, March 19, 2010

Armory Show 20120, part III

The last installment. I warn you, an embarrassment of riches, of every stripe.


another Alfred Leslie (I think)



Betty Parsons



Unknown artist (to me, that is)



Sol LeWitt 


Fairfield Porter



Rick Horton
This artist was completely unknown to me. He died young, but how gratifying that his work survives to be seen.



Rick Horton (again)



Leonore Tawney



Jacques Villègle



more Jacques Villègle




Chakaia Booker







Etienne Bossut



And now for a taste of Spring. By this time, I was walking by too fast, and was too tired to get every artist's name, but the picture made an impression because of its lovely greens. For more Spring Green, check out Joanne Mattera today! Gorgeous.



more Spring!



...and even more



Eemyun Kang


Marc Quinn



artist unknown (detail)



artist unknown



Florian Süssmayr




the irrepressible Sister Corita  (Corita Kent)




more Corita




Ian Tweedy (ensemble)



Ian Tweedy (individual piece from ensemble)




Ian Tweedy (another individual piece from ensemble)




Ian Tweedy (another individual piece from ensemble)




Ian Tweedy (another individual piece from ensemble)




assemblage, artist unknown




details from assemblage, above




a beautiful drawing in red, but I'm not sure who made it




Joan Mitchell



unknown painter




Dineo Seshee Bopape
I almost missed this piece; it was just stuck on a wall in a hall at about eye level, but with all the chaos and clutter, easy to walk right past. A nice restful moment.




Magnolia pods & Shark's teeth (artist unknown)
Of course I had to get a picture of this, since I 'm obsessed with magnolia pods.



Conrad Marca-Relli



another Conrad Marca-Relli



George Herms (I think)




unknown sculptor



wrapped fetish, (sculptor unknown)


:::

And then it was time to go home, but the art didn't stop at the door of Pier 94:


unknown street artist


No comments:

Post a Comment