Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to Work

It's been eight months since my last post and I am pleased to report that my health has improved enough that I am working again. Still get very, very tired with the result that I can't sustain concentration for the marathon bouts of yore, but it's good to be starting up a new series. These are studies on paper for some imagery I would like eventually to work with in oils. They are based on a visit I made to the African museum in Tervuren, near Brussels, just about one year ago. It's all taxidermy, but that's nothing new. I did a whole bunch of taxidermy back around the turn of the century, and the forms have always fascinated me.

I just started these yesterday and the zebra is pretty much done for now. The hyena is still in progress, but I like where it's all going. More to come. Stay tuned.

Zebra, by Agnes de Bethune, 2011
mixed media on paper, approx 36" x  24"

Hyena, by Agnes de Bethune, in progress
mixed media on paper, approx 36" x  27"

No comments:

Post a Comment